none
regasm.exe is identified as a virus. RRS feed

• Question

• Since a few days my ESET virusscanner identifies regasm,exe as a virus.  ESET gives me two options: ignore or remove. The "remove" option, when executed, however fails. What should I do to have the current regasm.exe removed and a proper version installed?
    Thursday, January 3, 2019 1:33 PM

All replies

• Hi ElGerrito,

Welcome to the MSND forum.

Did you see any error message when it prompted regasm.exe uninstall failed?

As far as I know, the original regasm.exe is an important part of Windows and rarely causes problems. The .exe extension on a filename indicates an executable file. Executable files may, in some cases, harm your computer. Therefore, please go to the ESET virusscanner official site to ask the reason that define regasm.exe as a virus exe. Then to decide for yourself whether the regasm.exe on your computer is a Trojan that you should remove, or whether it is a file belonging to the Windows operating system or to a trusted application.

What’s more, The Assembly Registration tool reads the metadata within an assembly and adds the necessary entries to the registry, which allows COM clients to create .NET Framework classes transparently. If you remove it may cause some unexpected error on your OS.

Here is ESET website: https://www.eset.com/sg/home/internet-security/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9IiS0cTT3wIVQQ4rCh3EBQxSEAAYASAAEgKqAfD_BwE . then contact supporting engineer to confirm and if the exe is corrupted or infected. Please let me know and we will try to help you to repair it or remove.

Br

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, January 4, 2019 8:45 AM
  • Hi ElGerrito,

Sorry to trouble you and I just want to confirm that my explain is helpful or not?

We are happy to hear any update from you and if my reply is helpful for you, please mark it as answer.

Thank you for your cooperation.

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 24, 2019 7:43 AM