none
BingMaps Design Pattern RRS feed

• Question

• I am designing a website that I want to incorporate bing maps into. I would like to use the V8 controls. I will need to call Azure Tables to get data to populate the maps. What is a recommended design strategy for this to hide my keys, data access calls etc...?

Thanks in advance - Dan

Monday, September 11, 2017 6:34 PM

Answers

• You will likely want to keep all credentials that access your data and calls to your data in server side code. There are many options for exposing your data to the map;

• ASP.NET - grab the data server side and then pass to the page. Uses would still be able to screen scrape the raw data that is in the browser, but would be a lot more work. 
    • Create a web service which accesses your data and locks down requests to your websites domain.
    • Render the data server side as a tile layer and overlay on top of the map. Users would be able to see an image of the data, but not access the raw data itself. This would be the most secure, but the most work. It would also provide the ability to render vary large data sources on top of the map.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Monday, September 11, 2017 7:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by DDL19 Tuesday, September 12, 2017 12:30 PM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 7:58 PM