none
Visual Studio has stopped working unhandled .NETFramework Exception

Question

• Hi!

i am having alot of trouble with my Visual Studio these days. as it doesn't allow me to do anything. whenever i try to open it it gives me an error message saying ""Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 has stopped Working" and this dialogue box gives me two options Debug or Close Program. When i choose to debug it gives me another error titled "Visual Studio Just in time Debugger" and a message saying "An Unhandled Microsoft .NET Framework Exception occured in devenv.exe[1752]/[4828]/". this dialogue box gives me options to Yes Debug or No cancel Debug. when i select the Debug Option  it gives me possible debuggers "New instance of MS Visual Studio 2013".  after this option it reopens the visual studio but shows the error message again that it has stopped working.... i have formatted my windows after this issue and installed the Visual studio again but still the same unhandled exception. i even have tried deleting the folder from %AppData%/VisualStudio/12.0. also repaired my .Net Framework from program and features. tried other solutions available on net too... 

kindly resolve my issue as i have alot of work pending to be done on Visual Studio but due to this thing i cannot do anything. 

Monday, August 29, 2016 7:11 PM

Answers

• Hi R_Arif,

According to your description, your Visual Studio 2013 working fine before. Please check whether you installed any updates, third part programs and Visual Studio packages, extensions before this issue occurs.

In order to exclude the third part programs and Visual Studio packages and extensions cause this issue, I suggest you run your Windows in safe mode and also launch your Visual Studio in safe mode.

And if the problem still exist, please check the ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio. Whether there has any error information in this file.

And you also can check the Windows Event Viewer, whether there has any useful information about devenv.exe crashes.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:04 AM