error message when trying to sign in to hotmail RRS feed

• Question

• Today when trying to login in to my Hotmail, I kept receiving the message that my password (which I have been using without issue for months) was incorrect. Eventually, I answered my security question to reset the password. That worked fine, however when I tried to use this to login, I got the message

"This account can't be used to access Outlook.com. You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com. Please click here to sign out of your Office 365 account, then use another Microsoft account to sign in to Outlook.com (for example, your hotmail.com, live.com, or msn.com
    account)."

I tried to sign in several times with the same result. I then tried to login to Office 365 but got the message,

"Sorry, that didn't work                
    This doesn't look like a valid user ID. Make sure you typed the user ID assigned to you by your organization. It usually looks like someone@example.com or someone@example.onmicrosoft.com.                     Sign out                
    <input id="SupportInfo_Title_Collapsed" name="SupportInfo_Title" type="hidden" value="0" />
    Support Information             
    Correlation ID:
    sea#3639d6d1-8409-4c9c-8f1e-ba888335347d                                
    Session ID:

Error code:

0 "

I have been able to login to live.com to view my profile etc but not my emails.

I have been using Hotmail for over four years (not Office 365) and don't know why this error message keeps coming up.

Please help :(

Sunday, September 1, 2013 10:57 AM