Database Stuck in (Mirror, Disconnected / In Recovery) RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft SQL Server 2016

I broke the mirroring on the principal database to delete them after setting up a failover cluster. The mirroring broke successfully on the principal, but I have not been able to get mirroring to break on the mirrored database.

I have tried running: 

ALTER DATABASE <DB NAME> SET PARTNER OFF

Which says completes successfully, but the status of the database does not change. 

I have tried running: 

ALTER DATABASE <DB NAME> SET PARTNER FORCE_SERVICE_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS

Which gives the message: The command failed because the database mirror is busy. Reissue the command later.

I have tried restoring mirroring, but it gives me the message that the database has mirroring enabled and is in recovery.

I have tried running: 

RESTORE DATABASE <DB NAME> WITH RECOVERY

Which gives the database mirror is busy message.

I've run out of things to try, and haven't found any more options on the forums.

Thursday, March 22, 2018 6:40 PM

All replies

• Hi David Sta,

Busy means that the mirroring code is processing the prior command, either waiting for your prior command to finish or restarting will clear it up without reloading your db.

I suggest you first backup your database and then restart the SQL Server service which host this mirrored database. After that, break this mirrored database again.

If the above method cannot work either, please shut down this instance and delete the  mdf and ldf of this database, after that, start this instance again, then delete this database. After that, restore this database with the backup on the principle server.

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Teige Gao Monday, March 26, 2018 9:16 AM
    Monday, March 26, 2018 5:37 AM