Live Developer Preview - Login dll error after install on first boot

Question

• After the install from the DVD download completes and the system reboots, the system goes through a few screens where the little animated circle comes up on screen and then when it attempts to load the graphical login module, all that comes up is a windows dialogue box stating there is an error with the login dll. I click OK and that dialogue box just keeps coming up after about 15 seconds.

The error says it could not find the login dll on the disk.
    I have tried rebooting several times but continue to get the same error.
    I have tried a repair and am told the system could not repair itself.
    • Moved by JOshiro Friday, September 16, 2011 8:33 PM This sounds like Windows Developer Preview, not Live Connect SDK Developer Preview (From:Live Connect)
    Friday, September 16, 2011 4:51 PM

Answers

• Hey Axe74,

Did you choose to do an Upgrade or Custom installation when you installed the Windows Developer Preview?

Are you installing on a separate partition, a new hard drive, or some other method? (Please explain if you are using a different method)

You may want to try downloading one of the Windows Developer Preview .iso versions that is provided in the link below and try to reinstall/install the Windows Developer Preview using a different disk (with a freshly downloaded .iso):
    Windows Developer Preview downloads

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Steven
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:04 PM