none
Visual Studio 2015 Crashes when close Development Tools (f12) Internet Explorer

Question

• Hi when debug and close Development Tools (f12) in IE, Visual Studio crashes and restart continuosly.

How can i fix!

Help Me!!!!

• Edited by Luca_DM Friday, August 26, 2016 11:17 AM img
    Friday, August 26, 2016 11:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Luca_DM,

Have you tried the first step and second step I have replied above? Whether they work for you.

In the ActivityLog.xml, I have found certain Error logs (204, 492, 493, 494).  There are all related Extension Manager. So please start VS in safe mode just I replied above and create a new web project then press F12 in IE to observer whether this issue occurs. 

Please feel free to let me konw your latest result. 

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 2, 2016 12:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Luca_DM,

Could you please share me when this issue appeared, during you debug your web project in VS or other situations?

In my side VS2015 Enterprise (Version 14.0.25425.01) Update3, when I debug a web project and press F12 in Internet Explorer 11 without any problems. Please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot your issue:

You could create a new web project, and debug it in Internet Explorer. Then press F12 to observer whether the Visual Studio crash. If yes, please refer to the following steps to exclude the reasons caused by IE and VS:

1). Please make sure update your VS to the latest version as mine. You could perform this step by click menu Tools->Extensions and Updates->click Updates->Choose options that begin with the letters KB (KB3165756) and Update it.

2). As far as I know, VS2015 is compatible with Internet Explorer 11. In order to make sure a better compatibility, you could install Internet Explorer 11 and try again. Please download IE 11 through the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18520/download-internet-explorer-11-offline-installer

3). If above steps don’t work for you. Please view the logs of Visual Studio. Please refer to the following steps:

Click Start->Right-click This PC->More->Manage->System Tools->Event Viewer->double-click Application

Then all logs of applications are displayed in list box. Please view whether has logs of Visual Studio. You could post the logs of Visual Studio here.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, August 28, 2016 5:18 AM
  • The crash happens when I close the window with the development tools of IE (Version . 11.545.10586.0 ) without debugging Visual Studio

Here is the Visual Studio LOG

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
      <Provider Name="Application Error" /> 
      <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> 
      <Level>2</Level> 
      <Task>100</Task> 
      <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
      <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-09-01T13:54:56.347789100Z" /> 
      <EventRecordID>185073</EventRecordID> 
      <Channel>Application</Channel> 
      <Computer>PC-Luca</Computer> 
      <Security /> 
      </System>
    - <EventData>
      <Data>devenv.exe</Data> 
      <Data>14.0.25420.1</Data> 
      <Data>57685d85</Data> 
      <Data>clr.dll</Data> 
      <Data>4.6.1080.0</Data> 
      <Data>570c51a0</Data> 
      <Data>c0000005</Data> 
      <Data>0026cef2</Data> 
      <Data>1930</Data> 
      <Data>01d2045812ded282</Data> 
      <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe</Data> 
      <Data>C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll</Data> 
      <Data>d5395e2b-b85e-43bf-92f2-60a4fc90d831</Data> 
      <Data /> 
      <Data /> 
      </EventData>
      </Event>

Thursday, September 1, 2016 2:10 PM
  • Hi Luca_DM,

According to the event log, there was no detailed error message in this log file. Please refer to following steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1). According to your reply, this issue occurs without debugging Visual Studio. Please start you VS in safe mode (devenv /SafeMode), which could prevent all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution. This step could help us exclude the conflict between add-in and IE developer tools.

2). Please reset your VS (devenv /ResetSettings) which could restore Visual Studio default settings and automatically launches the Visual Studio IDE. This step could help us exclude the conflict between some settings and IE developer tools.

If above steps don’t work for you. We could use devenv /log that log all activity to the log file for troubleshooting. By default, the log file is: %APPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Version\ActivityLog.xml

You could update the log file to OneDrive and share a link here.

Sincerely,

Oscar

Friday, September 2, 2016 9:17 AM
  • Hi Oscar,

here is the log link:

ActivityLog.xml

Thanks!

Friday, September 2, 2016 10:58 AM
  • Hi Luca_DM,

Have you tried the first step and second step I have replied above? Whether they work for you.

In the ActivityLog.xml, I have found certain Error logs (204, 492, 493, 494).  There are all related Extension Manager. So please start VS in safe mode just I replied above and create a new web project then press F12 in IE to observer whether this issue occurs. 

Please feel free to let me konw your latest result. 

Sincerely,

Oscar

Friday, September 2, 2016 12:08 PM