none
Show differences (external predecessors) via report or project-field? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

Scenario: I have a cross-project-dependency (=> dependency between two tasks in different projects). If the the predecessor is changed and I open the project (with Project Professional), wich includes the successor, then there will popup the window "Links between projects". Now I can see the information i need: the difference (or just the information that a predecessor is changed).

Question: How can i get this information via a report or better a project-field (for the project center)? Do you know if there exists a helpful project-field, a database-view or a stored procedure?

Target: A user don't need a Project Client (just the PWA) to see that an external predecessor (in his project) is changed.

Thank you!

• Edited by Membran3333 Monday, March 12, 2012 10:21 AM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 2:23 PM

All replies

• RTF.... ;-) (thanks SDK)

The field I searched for: ProjectGhostTaskAreStale (included in the table "MSP_EpmProject_UserView").

Buuuuuut....

New Question: Why is the flag set to 0 although the ghost-task isn't  up to date??? The flag is set to 0 although the Project Client pops up the window "Links between projects"... The project which includes the predecessor isn't just saved it's also published after the change...

Thanks

Friday, March 9, 2012 3:02 PM
  • The flag "ProjectGhostTaskAreStale" don't seem to be usefull... :-/

Is there any possibility to solve this by custom code? (How?)

Thank you!!

Friday, March 30, 2012 1:13 PM
  • Hi, 

Inter dependent projects are not much supported in PWA. We are also facing same issues and apart from this, we are having unexpected issues in PWA where we have inter-dependent tasks. If you or anyone else found this please do share.

Thanks

Thanks, Kashif

Monday, April 2, 2012 7:53 AM