none
getting started with SDK 2.0 &open Ni RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear all,

I am new to kinect environment & coding.

i am using kinect v2 sensor. i have already tested kinect working using kinect evaluation software. Now my next step to keep writing code.

Earlier version of kinect which support SDK1.8 open Niopen ni2 from below link window8.

There are lot example where they use sdk1.8 & openni2 for coding. I have the SDK2.0 installed in machine. how to use it??

to begin with my coding which IDE is useful

i have recently installed visual studio2013 for desktop

1) which IDE suit my hardware ??

2) please suggest me relevant link to download programs kinects sensor.

3)more example code kinect v2 sensor

4)where i can get information on how to use SDK2.0 for developing programs.

open ni2 error

installed sdk

AMPS12

if you see installed SDK in program file it only show SDK1.8 not SDK2.0.

SDK 2.0 being installed properly i cross check twice

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 11:35 AM

All replies

• The only support for development for Kinect is to use the official Kinect for Windows v2 SDK. We do not support OpenNI and additionally, the v2 SDK will not work with the v1.8 SDK either. So if you the intent is to use v2, you only need the v2 SDK installed.

As for IDE's/development environments you can use whatever you are comfortable with. Kinect supports both COM/C++ as well as managed code. If you have a capable Windows compiler, feel free to use it. As for what is recommended, you can use any Visual Studio 2012 or 2013 variant. Free versions Community or Express are available for download on the Visual Studio website: http://www.visualstudio.com/

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:12 PM
  • I ALREADY DOWNLOADED THE VISUAL STUDIO 2013.

LINK. i found code are varying from SDK to SDk. library being updated. classes being changed,

when all refer below code

code_older version. i could not able to find  option from assembly directory.

Please let me know to get started first program on kinect v2 sensor; v2 SDK  where i need to refer,  

AMPS12

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:37 AM
  • Hi,
    may I suggest the Programming Kinect for Windows v2 series on MVA this is a 7 hours course covering almost all you need to get started.
    I would also mention the two session Custom Gestures End to End with Kinect and Visual Gesture Builder part 1 and part 2

hth
    -g

Gian Paolo Santopaolo - softwarelab.it - thedarksideof.net
    Disclaimer: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 11:28 AM