Vista and Server 2003 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Vista Ultimate on three desktops in my office - I have a small network setup. I recently attempted to install the VPN services so that I could have an employee work from home. When I did this for some reason we lost the mapped drive connections in the office. Note this was working prior to the attempt to setup the VPN. Unfortunately now I cannot reconnect the desktops to the server and the VPN connection has never worked. I turned the VPN services off and that had no effect. All I want to do is reconnect the desktops to the file server. On the lan the Vista machines can see each other and connect to one another. The Server 2003 machine can see and connect to the Vista machines, but the Vista machines cannot see or connect to Server 2003 machine. I believe its something simple, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Brian
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 5:27 PM

All replies

• Hey man,

I believe you still looking for the answer as it is almost a month old. I want to find out couple of questions so that i can try to answer it.

Can you ping to server ip address?
    How did you configure the VPN setup?

Try this 
    Make sure your domain/work groups are the same. If so try to change the workgroup to different and connect back to domain and try to map to server.

If you have any questions contact me back.

Thanks,
    Sree
    • Proposed as answer by Sree Deva Saturday, March 7, 2009 10:43 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2009 11:27 PM