UDP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have to deal with the following situation:

I need to establish a special communication between the server and all clients in a local network.

The comunnication cannot be based on conections, so I need to use UDP (I guess).

The main idea is that at any specific moment a user could send a "broadcast" message to all clients from the server.

For example, imagine it´s time to have dinner and you want to advise all your co-workers...

I have been thinking about a possible solution, but I am not pretty sure how to implement that...

Client:  Application running in all clients, that are constantly checking for new messages on one specific port.

Server:  Application that send broadcast messages to all clients on a specific moment.

Please let me know if you have an idea of how could I implement this.

Thanks,

Esteban

Costa Rica

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 6:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Esteban,

if you required this function then you can use UDPClient class. if i look at you requirment you can use UDP protocol and brodcast your message. in case of broadcasting you don't need any ack or ersponse by the cleints. UDP is one way protocol it will not do handshak. We use in case of we do not want any ack of the packet which is sent in the particalur address.

i hope this will help !

Regards, Preetam Ramdhave

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 12:05 PM