ssrs email subscriptions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can anyone please let me know how to go about with creating email subscrptions from asp.net web application using ssrs 2008.

Thanks!!

rr

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Rrao24,

SQL Server Reporting Services provides access to the full functionality of the report server through the Report Server Web service. The Report Server Web service is an XML Web service with a SOAP API. It uses SOAP over HTTP and acts as a communications interface between client programs and the report server.

From your description, you want to create subscriptions programmatically. To do this, we can use the ReportingService2006.CreateSubscription Method to create the subscription programmatically. For more information, please see:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

Mike Yin

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Mike Yin Sunday, September 30, 2012 5:35 PM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:52 AM

All replies

• right now i am able to render the report from the server and once this is done i want to be able to send email..using the asp.net web application..where the users should have the ability to view it now, emiail immediately and email in future(where they can select date from calender)???

thanks!!

rr

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:35 PM
  • Hi Rrao24,

SQL Server Reporting Services provides access to the full functionality of the report server through the Report Server Web service. The Report Server Web service is an XML Web service with a SOAP API. It uses SOAP over HTTP and acts as a communications interface between client programs and the report server.

From your description, you want to create subscriptions programmatically. To do this, we can use the ReportingService2006.CreateSubscription Method to create the subscription programmatically. For more information, please see:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

Mike Yin

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Mike Yin Sunday, September 30, 2012 5:35 PM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:52 AM