none
exchange wsdl with many Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks, 

Please allow me to ask you, I have WCF service --> many application and wcf service can also be.
     Now i want to expose wsdl from wcf service to application via router service and vice versa as well.

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by ny_rajiv Friday, March 22, 2013 12:33 PM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 9:39 AM

Answers

• Algo would be like below

1. End user will request via wcf services

2. Middle Layer would also be wcf services which is responsible for passing the wsdl to application as per client request.

3. Now, client will do something and again if they want then can move first layer wcf service (by passing wsdl services with middle layer).

[Quote from this duplicated thread]

Hi,

From your further description( quoted above), it seems that your goal is sending message to a service through a routing service( which is also a WCF service essentially), the routing service accept all messages and forward them to the actual service. If so, you can refer a document below which includes a sample.

#Hello World with the Routing Service

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd795218.aspx

If I misunderstanding, please elaborate your issue more clearly. Thanks.

Best Regards.

Haixia
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by ny_rajiv Monday, March 25, 2013 8:42 AM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 6:32 AM
  • Hi,

As mentioned in a thread referenced in your another same thread, you cannot expose a metadata endpoint for a routing service actually, you're still pointing to the actual service's metadata, or you may try the suggestion by Yi-Lun to provide a custom WSDL file.

Best Regards.

Haixia
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by ny_rajiv Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:25 AM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:57 AM

All replies

• Algo would be like below

1. End user will request via wcf services

2. Middle Layer would also be wcf services which is responsible for passing the wsdl to application as per client request.

3. Now, client will do something and again if they want then can move first layer wcf service (by passing wsdl services with middle layer).

[Quote from this duplicated thread]

Hi,

From your further description( quoted above), it seems that your goal is sending message to a service through a routing service( which is also a WCF service essentially), the routing service accept all messages and forward them to the actual service. If so, you can refer a document below which includes a sample.

#Hello World with the Routing Service

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd795218.aspx

If I misunderstanding, please elaborate your issue more clearly. Thanks.

Best Regards.

Haixia

• Marked as answer by ny_rajiv Monday, March 25, 2013 8:42 AM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 6:32 AM
  • Hi Haixia Xie,

Thankx a billion for answering me.

Please allow me to request you to ask again regarding the same thing.

The example that I have metioned for wcf Calculator Services, As i found in msdn forum that, router services cannot access wsdl of calculator service or we cannot expose the wsdl of calculator services on the router.

Now if i have to achieve this(i.e. pass the wsdl of calculator services to the router so that on the router URL we can see is the calculator wsdl) with wcf or Ihandler etc.. then how we can do it ?

Monday, March 25, 2013 10:59 AM
  • Hi,

As mentioned in a thread referenced in your another same thread, you cannot expose a metadata endpoint for a routing service actually, you're still pointing to the actual service's metadata, or you may try the suggestion by Yi-Lun to provide a custom WSDL file.

Best Regards.

Haixia

• Marked as answer by ny_rajiv Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:25 AM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:57 AM
  • Hi Haixia Xie,

Thankx a ton.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:24 AM