none
UserIsNotAuthorized when trying to ApplyOfflineConversions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a developer token and I have created an app. I have standard oAuth flow to allow users to authorise to use my application with their Bing Ads account.

With this token I am able to get a list of their manager accounts and then the ads accounts in that manager account. I show these to the user in drop downs so they can select one.

I then create an offline tracker in their account.

I now want to push offline conversion to that tracker. When I do this I am getting the error "UserIsNotAuthorized The user does not represent a authorized developer.".

Can someone help me please?

Thanks,

James

Tuesday, May 5, 2020 7:51 AM

Answers

• First, the API service should update the error message from "The user does not represent a authorized developer" to "The user is not authorized to perform this action." Please see error code 106 here

Typically indicates that while the credentials are correct for the target environment, the user does not have access to one of the entities specified in the request. For example you would observe this error calling SubmitGenerateReportRequest if the user does not have permissions to the specified account.

Specifically with ApplyOfflineConversions I suggest please check the CustomerAccountId header and make sure the current user has access to the account set in the header. If you are managing multiple ad accounts please be sure to update the headers for each call. 

I hope this helps,

Eric

Tuesday, May 5, 2020 3:53 PM
    Owner

All replies

• First, the API service should update the error message from "The user does not represent a authorized developer" to "The user is not authorized to perform this action." Please see error code 106 here

Typically indicates that while the credentials are correct for the target environment, the user does not have access to one of the entities specified in the request. For example you would observe this error calling SubmitGenerateReportRequest if the user does not have permissions to the specified account.

Specifically with ApplyOfflineConversions I suggest please check the CustomerAccountId header and make sure the current user has access to the account set in the header. If you are managing multiple ad accounts please be sure to update the headers for each call. 

I hope this helps,

Eric

Tuesday, May 5, 2020 3:53 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Eric,

You nailed it! I actually found I was not sending the correct Account ID in the request. Once I added this it worked perfectly. I was really confused to be honest, but then I noticed I was foolishy missing a vital bit of info!

Thanks, James

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 10:18 AM