none
WindowsPreview.Kinect.Input Namespace does not exsit RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Microsoft Visual Studio writing project for gesture recognition.

When trying to access the hand rotation. I used a reference called WindowsPreview.Kinect.Input. However, it is not in the list of the reference so I cannot add it to the reference.

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'WindowsPreview' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly 

Is there anywhere I can download the reference file?

Or is there other ways to access the hand rotation?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 6:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you are writing a Windows Store application or component, you will need to reference the WindowsPreview.Kinect.winmd metadata file (the BodyBasics-XAML sample is a good reference).

If you are writing a WPF or Windows forms application, you should use the Microsoft.Kinect.Input namespace and reference the Microsoft.Kinect assembly (see the BodyBasics-WPF sample).

Hope this helps,

David

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 6:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you are writing a Windows Store application or component, you will need to reference the WindowsPreview.Kinect.winmd metadata file (the BodyBasics-XAML sample is a good reference).

If you are writing a WPF or Windows forms application, you should use the Microsoft.Kinect.Input namespace and reference the Microsoft.Kinect assembly (see the BodyBasics-WPF sample).

Hope this helps,

David

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 6:29 PM
  • Hi David,

I changed it to Microsoft.Kinect.Input. It fixed the problem.

Thank you so much.

Richard

Thursday, July 2, 2015 4:01 PM
  • hello david!

i am also facing this problem, i am using v1.8 (SDK) it does not work when i changed it to v2 then it starts working.

it-> referencing Microsoft.Kinect.Input;

can you help me in v1.8?

Saturday, February 17, 2018 9:35 AM
  • v1.8 SDK is meant for Xbox 360 sensor. v2 is meant for Xbox One sensor.

If you want to develop for the v2 or Xbox One sensor, then you need v2 SDK!

Saturday, February 17, 2018 3:27 PM