default tile layout

Question

• Hello guys.

another quick question: is there any way I can customize the default tile? I think I can change it after running the app once (I'm under the impression that I can use the notification system to update the tile template and use one f the predefined tiles). However, what I'd like to do is to apply bold to the tile text used on the default tile. Do I need to create a custom image with the text formatted in bold and apply only an image for the default tile?

I've noticed that when  install a new app (not metro) it will use a different tile template. can I reuse that template for my metro apps? I'm assuming that the answer is no...

btw, one more tile related question. I've noticed that the current templates are described here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.ui.notifications.tiletemplatetype.aspx. Anyone knows where I can get the expected image sizes? I've looked at the sample and I've noticed that it will automatically resize the images, but I'd prefer to create them in the expected size. btw, will you be maintained the ids of the fields in the template?

thanks

thanks 

Luis Abreu
    Friday, January 13, 2012 1:13 PM

Answers

All replies