none
Force refresh registry changes without reboot RRS feed

• Question

• I have many remote sites with their own sets of printers. Each site remotes in to a terminal server. One of our applications uses bar codes for equipment. The drivers for each sites printers has to be added to the servers for the bar codes to print correctly otherwise we end up with symbols. Currently we have to wait until late at night to reboot the servers for the added fonts to take effect. Sometimes we forget and it seems that after about 3 or 4 days they somehow start working correctly on their own. We usually have to wait on the reboot due to users logged into the servers. I could be an A## and simply reboot but I would rather find a way to force these changes. Any thoughts?
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:37 PM

All replies

• Can you specify what registry changes you're making?

If specific application registry key changes then you could try and restart related services and test if that works,

example - in case you're making printer related changes then try restarting print spooler service (keep in mind printers will be unavailable until service restarts)

Also if you're concerned that you have to wait until after prof hours why not simply set a scheduled tasks to restart the servers.

Give a try to this also - http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/239/

Sachin Gadhave
    MCP, MCSA, MCTS

Sunday, October 27, 2013 4:51 AM