Custom dialer : system sound loss RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I made a custom dialer for windows mobile (6.5) devices. This is a specific dialer that is easy to handle by a user who's driving (big buttons, pre-defined DTMF sequences,...). Not to be annoyed by the default dialer, this one is replaced by a dummy one.

My issue is that sometimes (about 5% of the calls), after a call, system sounds are lost. On next calls, ringtone doesn't play (great for a dialer!) but radio audio streams are OK. I can talk and be heard. It looks like the audio path doesn't come back to default after some calls. The device remains is that state until soft reset.

I tried to work around "WAV1" device power, RIL_SetAudioDevices functions in vain.

I use a HTC T3333 device. This a c# app, where I use OpenNETCF.Telephony wrapper to handle tapi.

Does anyone have an idea about that?

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:27 PM

All replies

•  

HI,

Did you test well on Emulator?

Maybe this issue cause by OpenNETCF, please raise question on it's Discussions.

Regards!

Jesse

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, November 26, 2010 9:28 AM
  • Hi Jesse, thank you for answering.

It's a bit difficult to test this on an emulator. Actually, this app involves a lot of ressources on the device (GPS, BT, data exchanges on a socket). So, I'm not sure to have a correct behaviour on the simulator. It's easier to test it on a real device.

OpenNETCF discussion doesn't seem to be very active... However, I post the same on stackoverflow and Chris Tacke read it (he modified question tags). Wait and see...

I noticed last days some interesting behaviours. This an app for fleet management. If a user reject an incoming call, this one goes to the next user and so on. To test the app, I have three devices which I call one after another. So, sometimes, I remarqued that two or all lost their system sounds at the same time. It seems obvious that the cause of the problem can not only be intrinsic to the device. Moreover, it appears that this happens more often when devices comes out of standby state.

Regards,

Sébastien.

Friday, November 26, 2010 10:25 AM
  •  

Sometimes some issue will disappear when we soft restart it.

Regards!

Jesse

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, November 29, 2010 9:01 AM