none
SSRS REST API & Filters RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

Currently I am working on a client implementation to consume the REST API 2.0 of SSRS and I try to get all CatalogItems of a certain type. Based on the API documentation on swagger I try to do apply a filter on the property CatalogItem.Type to filter for Folders.

I did try to apply a filter like $filter=Type eq 'Folder' what returns an error like: "Found operand types 'Model.CatalogItemType' and 'Edm.String' for operator kind 'Equal'"

This makes complete sense since the property CatalogItem.Type is an enum of type CatalogItemType

My second filter I did apply looked like $filer=contains(cast(Type,Edm.String),'Folder') what does not end in an error but returns 0 values

Does anybody know how to apply a filter that suits my Needs?

Thx

nofxmojo

Thursday, March 22, 2018 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hi nofxmojo,

In REST API, I saw there is Folder function in it, I think you could use this function to get  folder type directly.

Or you could post your sample code and design on it, then I could reproduce it better.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 23, 2018 6:32 AM
  • I realize this question was asked more than a year ago, but I'm putting this here in case anyone else is looking for an answer....

You should be able to GET using the following URI:
    http://<servername>/Reports/api/v2.0/CatalogItems?$filter=Type eq Model.CatalogItemType'Folder'

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:32 PM