locked
O365 - Bad subscriptions RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am trying to subscribe to 100 mailboxes many are successful but a subset get the following response to a GetStreamingEvents request:

    <m:GetStreamingEventsResponse xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:t="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/messages">
       <m:ResponseMessages>
        <m:GetStreamingEventsResponseMessage ResponseClass="Error">
         <m:MessageText>
          The caller does not have sufficient permissions to perform the request., The Service instance doesn't have sufficient permissions to perform the request.
         </m:MessageText>
         <m:ResponseCode>
          ErrorProxyRequestNotAllowed
         </m:ResponseCode>
         <m:DescriptiveLinkKey>
          0
         </m:DescriptiveLinkKey>
         <m:ErrorSubscriptionIds>
          <m:SubscriptionId>
           JwBkbTZwcjE1bWI0MTI0Lm5hbXByZDE1LnByb2Qub3V0bG9vay5jb20QAAAAV3OVrYHv3Ue+dddVXaoCq6w6aHY1WNgIEAAAAAMbPDYe3tZLlWiPYdPuBQ0=
          </m:SubscriptionId>
         </m:ErrorSubscriptionIds>
        </m:GetStreamingEventsResponseMessage>
       </m:ResponseMessages>
      </m:GetStreamingEventsResponse>

    The service account used for both the good and bad subscriptions is the same. What is the real errror and how do I eliminate it?

    Alan

     

    Monday, September 14, 2020 5:57 PM

Answers

  • I figured out the problem - I wasn't setting the X-BackEndOverrideCookie on the second and subsequent StreamingNotificationRequest.
    While I understand the reason for the error the error message is somewhat less than useful 🙁

    Oh, well, Alan
    • Marked as answer by m3driver Thursday, September 17, 2020 6:42 PM
    Thursday, September 17, 2020 6:42 PM

All replies

  • I've had the ErrorProxyRequestNotAllowed error in the past (it was a couple of years ago), what caused it at the time was the Mailboxes in some of the batches (Affinity Groups https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/client-developer/exchange-web-services/how-to-maintain-affinity-between-group-of-subscriptions-and-mailbox-server)  where being moved between data centers (which happens routinely in Office365 as back-end servers are reboot and patched). What was causing the error is that not all the servers in the Target or Source sites had the update configuration for the new location of the Mailbox. After a period of time (up to 15 minutes) the issue would resolve itself so I ended up using a retry loop which worked okay.

    Cheers
    Glen

    Tuesday, September 15, 2020 12:26 AM
  • Thanks Glen,

    Yes, I do have a loop which retries all subscriptions which are rejected and the error message for those that have moved since the last autodiscover is different (don't have access to it right now). But these mailboxes have been failing with the above message for over three days. 

    Alan

    Tuesday, September 15, 2020 3:19 AM
  • You could try a single instance test for just one of the Mailboxes that are failing using the EWSEditor https://github.com/dseph/EwsEditor/releases (it has the ability to do streaming notifications)

    If it fails when you just using one mailbox as apposed to the batch it sounds like a back-end issue (getting support to just force a move might fix it)

    Cheers
    Glen

    Wednesday, September 16, 2020 12:00 AM
  • I figured out the problem - I wasn't setting the X-BackEndOverrideCookie on the second and subsequent StreamingNotificationRequest.
    While I understand the reason for the error the error message is somewhat less than useful 🙁

    Oh, well, Alan
    • Marked as answer by m3driver Thursday, September 17, 2020 6:42 PM
    Thursday, September 17, 2020 6:42 PM