Unable to select a GridView item in touch device(through standard Gestures) when GridView is placed inside a ScrollViewer.

Question

• Hi All,

I am developing a Windows Store App using C++ and Xaml. I have placed a GridView inside a ScrollViewer. This is for supporting Pinch And Zoom feature. But due to this am unable to select any item of that gridview. Am not sure whether this scrollviewer has disabled the selection gesture or is there any other specific reason. 

But i can select an item using mouse. Only touch gesture is not working for selecting an item.

Thanks in advance...

Friday, November 16, 2012 7:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi All,

I am developing a Windows Store App using C++ and Xaml. I have placed a GridView inside a ScrollViewer. This is for supporting Pinch And Zoom feature. But due to this am unable to select any item of that gridview. Am not sure whether this scrollviewer has disabled the selection gesture or is there any other specific reason. 

But i can select an item using mouse. Only touch gesture is not working for selecting an item.

Thanks in advance...

Moved byRob Caplan<abbr class="affil">Microsoft Employee, Moderator</abbr>Friday, November 16, 2012 8:10 PMCoding question, not a design question (From:UI Design for Windows Store apps)

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your suggestion, Did you find any solution for this scenario?

--- Thanks in Advance..

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

We would not suggest you to put a gridview into a scrollview. There is scrollview in the gridview control. There will be conflict between scrollview in gridview and out of the gridview.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithnativecode/thread/bca2e0ba-747e-476b-86cb-2eccc94e1a41

If you want to zoom the gridview or listview, I would suggest you to use SemanticZoom controls. Please check
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/hh781234.aspx

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by sandbha Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:57 PM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:14 AM