none
Hyperlinks in access rich text box RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

is there somebody who knows how to use Hyperlinks in a form textbox witch Text format is set to rich text. I want to be able to enter text and hyperlinks just a you can in msword ?

regards

Rob

Saturday, April 1, 2017 10:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Rob, What have you tried? Rich Text is very limited, and as far as I know, just refers to formatting.
    Saturday, April 1, 2017 1:24 PM
  • hi,

I have an application where I enter complains in a text field. sometimes I like to refer to a website so just as in word I would like to refer to that website with a hyperlink.

My initial idea was to use a separate table where I can save my links as a hyperlink field and then enter the link text in my complaint text. then on double click the linktext retrieve and open the hyperlink. problem is that when you are in the process of entering the complain text the text is only there after a submit.

I have been playing with sendkeys commands but it's getting very complicated. so I hope there is maybe a better way to do this. 

regards

Rob

Monday, April 3, 2017 4:56 AM
  • Hi RobWarning,

you did not posted , what you had tried and where you stuck.

so here I can suggest you to refer code below. which is using TextBox.Hyperlink Property.

Private Sub cmdFollowLink_Click() 
     CreateHyperlink Me!cmdFollowLink, Me!txtSubAddress, _ 
     Me!txtAddress 
    End Sub 

Sub CreateHyperlink(ctlSelected As Control, _ 
     strSubAddress As String, Optional strAddress As String) 
     Dim hlk As Hyperlink 
     Select Case ctlSelected.ControlType 
     Case acLabel, acImage, acCommandButton 
     Set hlk = ctlSelected.Hyperlink 
     With hlk 
     If Not IsMissing(strAddress) Then 
     .Address = strAddress 
     Else 
     .Address = "" 
     End If 
     .SubAddress = strSubAddress 
     .Follow 
     .Address = "" 
     .SubAddress = "" 
     End With 
     Case Else 
     MsgBox "The control '" & ctlSelected.Name _ 
     & "' does not support hyperlinks." 
     End Select 
    End Sub

Reference:

TextBox.Hyperlink Property (Access)

you can try to modify the code as per your requirement.

if you had already tried something then please try to post your code.

so that we can look in to that and if possible then try to provide you a suggestion to solve the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 3, 2017 6:33 AM
  • Hi RobWarning,

I can see that this thread is still open and you did not posted on this thread since last 7 days.

is your issue is solved now?

if yes then try to update the status of the thread then mark it as an answer.

so that we can close this thread.

if you do not mark answer then thread will remain opened.

if your issue is still exist then let us know about that,

we will try to suggest you further to solve the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 8:41 AM