none
just one contract in a wcf sevice thas has many contracts raise an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host RRS feed

• Question

• System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException was unhandled by user code

InnerException:
                     ErrorCode=10054
                     HResult=-2147467259
                     Message=an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
                     NativeErrorCode=10054
                     Source=System
                     StackTrace:
                          em System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
                          em System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnection.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout, Boolean closing)

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 4:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Kelvin,

This error is normally caused by an exception at the server side. To check the real exception, I suggest you enable Tracing.

In addition, If you are in developing environment, I suggest you debug your code to check which method cause this issue, and debug the method in service side line by line.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Kelvin,

This error is normally caused by an exception at the server side. To check the real exception, I suggest you enable Tracing.

In addition, If you are in developing environment, I suggest you debug your code to check which method cause this issue, and debug the method in service side line by line.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:38 AM
  • Hi Edward, After enabling the trace I found the error was WCF can´t serialize the object because the object had IEnumerables, I change them to Lists and it worked. Thanks Kelvin.
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 5:01 PM