unable to boot windows 7 with windows 8 dev pre

Question

• when i installed win 8 first time with my existing sys it was ok. my both os - "Win7 & Win8 " were booted. now i am trying to install win 8 on onether sys on same HDD, having win7, installed its replace MBR, and only boot with Win8. i am unable to boot with my first os "Win7"?!?!? while i try to system repair it does nothing. System Config is :  Intel Ori. G41 chipset MB, Intel Dual Core e5400 2.7 ghz CPu, 2gb ram, 250gb HDD.

my  MB BIOS support UEFI Boot. is it make any problems with it?, B'coz i enabled it.

what should i do?

• Edited by dev7 Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:08 PM
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:51 PM

Answers

• Hi dev7,

I think you have lost your Windows7 in the boot menu. I faced a similar issue when I installed WDP. Here's what I did: I installed EasyBCD, an application to use if you are not too adept at bcdedit. On the application window, click Add New Entry, in Type, select Windows Vista/7, click on Add Entry. Exit the application, restart.

Another method is to repair Windows7 by booting from the Windows7 disk, and selecting to Repair, rather than Install the Windows. The first is easier and less risky.

Irfan

Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi dev7,

I think you have lost your Windows7 in the boot menu. I faced a similar issue when I installed WDP. Here's what I did: I installed EasyBCD, an application to use if you are not too adept at bcdedit. On the application window, click Add New Entry, in Type, select Windows Vista/7, click on Add Entry. Exit the application, restart.

Another method is to repair Windows7 by booting from the Windows7 disk, and selecting to Repair, rather than Install the Windows. The first is easier and less risky.

Irfan

Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:46 PM
  • Hi Irfan,

Thanks for replying, i tired the same but it didn't work?!? first i install win7, then installed win8, when i reboot, boot with only win8, i change "default os to win7" from system configuration in Control Panel, and reboot, its start with repair screen only, i tried it for 2 to 3 times but dosen't work?!?!

Sunday, January 29, 2012 3:03 PM
  • Ok, I am sorry dev7, I have edited my reply. Please take a look at it and act accordingly.
    Irfan
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 3:14 PM
  • Really sorry dev7,

I should have warned you about making Windows7 the default OS before proceeding. Have tested both methods at one time or the other, pretty satisfactorily.

Irfan
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 3:26 PM