none
Publish custom forms using Outlook Addin RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to publish custom forms (from .oft files) programmatically using FormDescription.PublishForm() method from within the Addin_Startup event. How to determine if a form was already published in order to avoid that it gets re-published on every Outlook startup?

Best Regards

Andreas

Monday, April 22, 2013 3:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Just a brief note:
    I vaguely remember that you can look for these publish form by searching for hidden items in the folder in which it was published.
    (You'll need to store the form's version inside the form)

Another approach: use a registry entry to store a boolean flag, or a version string that indicates the current published state\version for this form on the machine.

Moshe

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Just a brief note:
    I vaguely remember that you can look for these publish form by searching for hidden items in the folder in which it was published.
    (You'll need to store the form's version inside the form)

Another approach: use a registry entry to store a boolean flag, or a version string that indicates the current published state\version for this form on the machine.

Moshe

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:10 PM
  • Hi Andreas,

I temporarily marked the reply as answer. You can unmark it if it provides no help.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any help.

Have a nice day.

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by jeen surin Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:27 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by jeen surin Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:27 AM
    Monday, April 29, 2013 9:16 AM