none
Is this the place to discuss issues with the Kinect 4 Windows v2 developer preview? RRS feed

• Question

• I'll probably get grilled for this, but I am confused as hell, just got my Kinect for Windows v2 developer preview kit and can't get it to work. Nor is there any other information in the kit other than the URL to the Kinect Developer website (http://aka.ms/k4wdevkit).

What am I missing here?

Cheers, 

C

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:45 PM

Answers

• You should be getting an email with an invite to the K4W v2 Developer Preview Connect site (well, I just got one anyway). That's where you'll be able to connect with the K4W dev's, post in the private forums, etc.

Here's a quote from the site (via https://connect.microsoft.com/site1271/program8345);

"Welcome to the Kinect for Windows v2 Developer Preview!

Thank you for your interest in Kinect. The purpose for this site is to ensure that you have access to the latest software from the team as well as to provide a learning forum and to enable you to provide feedback.

To get started, check out our Getting Started item in the forum.  You can also navigate the site using the links above to get access to the downloads and private forum."

I also got this in the email;

"If you are already registered on Connect, another option to accept or decline your invitation is to access My Dashboard and click on MyPending Actions in the upper right corner. Accept and decline links will be available in the display.<o:p></o:p>

If you do not see My Pending Actions, then you are not signing in with the Windows LiveID associated to the Connect account which has this invitation. ..."

Hope this helps

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:34 PM

All replies

• You should be getting an email with an invite to the K4W v2 Developer Preview Connect site (well, I just got one anyway). That's where you'll be able to connect with the K4W dev's, post in the private forums, etc.

Here's a quote from the site (via https://connect.microsoft.com/site1271/program8345);

"Welcome to the Kinect for Windows v2 Developer Preview!

Thank you for your interest in Kinect. The purpose for this site is to ensure that you have access to the latest software from the team as well as to provide a learning forum and to enable you to provide feedback.

To get started, check out our Getting Started item in the forum.  You can also navigate the site using the links above to get access to the downloads and private forum."

I also got this in the email;

"If you are already registered on Connect, another option to accept or decline your invitation is to access My Dashboard and click on MyPending Actions in the upper right corner. Accept and decline links will be available in the display.<o:p></o:p>

If you do not see My Pending Actions, then you are not signing in with the Windows LiveID associated to the Connect account which has this invitation. ..."

Hope this helps

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:34 PM
  • You may need to check your Junk Mail folder to ensure your invitation did not get filtered. If you have still having issues, reply back to your acceptance email and we can resend the invite.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 7:07 PM
  • You may need to check your Junk Mail folder to ensure your invitation did not get filtered. If you have still having issues, reply back to your acceptance email and we can resend the invite.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

I done all the steps after sign the contract the invitation to the k4w v2 dev preview,
    Did not Kinect2.0 hardware . Did not UPS from E-mail. Did not receive the mail complete your order at local Microsoft store.Can you help me??

Thanks!
    PSY from china

Friday, November 29, 2013 5:09 AM