Can't change textbox backcolor RRS feed

• Question

• User832731860 posted

Hello All,

I'm building an app that is a basic daytimer type of app. My problem is that I can't get the textbox(Textbox1) backcolor and text to change when I need it to. For instance, if there are events for January 12 and the user clicks on the Jan 12 link in the Calendar control, if there are any events in the SQL table for that day it should populate the appropriate times. The funny, or not so funny, thing is that I have another textbox named "TheEvent" that I can change the backcolor and text on with the code below and it works fine.

I don't know if it matters or not,

So, I'm lost and need help. THANKS in advance!

Mike

Here's the Code:  

Protected Sub Calendar4_DayRender(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DayRenderEventArgs) Handles Calendar4.DayRender
            Dim CountEvents
            Dim BegTime
            Dim TimeEnd
            Dim NumRec
            Dim Duration As TimeSpan

NumRec = 1

'Label67.Text = "Enter Events Here For " & Calendar4.SelectedDate.ToLongDateString
            Label66.Text = Calendar4.SelectedDate.ToLongDateString
            MonthSelected.Text = "January"
            TheDay.Text = Calendar4.SelectedDate.Day

CountEvents = GridView2.Rows.Count
            'MsgBox(CountEvents)
            If NumRec <= CountEvents Then

While Not NumRec > CountEvents
                    If CountEvents = 1 Then
                        BegTime = GridView2.Rows(0).Cells(3).Text

TimeEnd = GridView2.Rows(0).Cells(4).Text
                        Duration = Convert.ToDateTime(TimeEnd) - Convert.ToDateTime(BegTime)

If BegTime = "8:00 am" Then
                            Textbox1.BackColor = Color.Blue
                            Textbox1.Text = "Hi" 

End If
                    Else
                        BegTime = GridView2.Rows(NumRec).Cells(3).Text
                        TimeEnd = GridView2.Rows(NumRec).Cells(4).Text
                        Duration = Convert.ToDateTime(TimeEnd) - Convert.ToDateTime(BegTime)
                    End If

NumRec = NumRec + 1
                End While

End If
        End Sub

<?xml:namespace prefix = mce /><mce:script type="mce-text/javascript"></mce:script> 

Saturday, January 9, 2010 9:17 PM

Answers

• User845932231 posted

Three things

1. make sure you are not doing anything for the TextBox1's text or background color in the page load outside Not IsPostback

2. Put a break point in the line If BegTime = "8:00 am" Then  and see whether the code below is actually getting executed.

3. Make sure not any CSS styles are overriding the background color that you are applying to the textbox.. use Firebug to check this or run the code after removing any CssClass or Theme applied to the textbox.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 11:44 PM

All replies

• User845932231 posted

Three things

1. make sure you are not doing anything for the TextBox1's text or background color in the page load outside Not IsPostback

2. Put a break point in the line If BegTime = "8:00 am" Then  and see whether the code below is actually getting executed.

3. Make sure not any CSS styles are overriding the background color that you are applying to the textbox.. use Firebug to check this or run the code after removing any CssClass or Theme applied to the textbox.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 11:44 PM
  • User832731860 posted

Thanks Anzer, but I realized that coding error was a simple oversight on my part. I didn't have the appropriate code in the DayRender sub. I appreciate the quick response though.

Mike 

Monday, January 11, 2010 6:20 AM