none
Brazil Lat / Lons RRS feed

• Question

•    I'm new to the Bing Spatial Data Services and I was wondering how you get Lat/Lon info for Brazil as an example... When I send Address info for the US I get the Lat/Lon info...  But when I set the countryRegion to BR with addresses from Brazil no Lat/Lon info is sent back...

Monday, October 1, 2012 12:28 PM

Answers

• There are several ways to geocode data in Bing Maps. If you are geocoding a large amount of data at once then the Bing Spatial Data Services is what you will want to use. If you need to perform geocoding on demand (let the user enter the location and geocode it) then you will want to use the Bing Maps REST services.

With either service you can geocode addresses in Brazil. If the address information is not in English be sure to set the culture parameter accordingly. Note that only basic geocoding is supported for Brazil at this time.

Note that in order to use the Bing Spatial Data Services you need to request access to the service first.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Monday, October 1, 2012 1:26 PM

All replies

• There are several ways to geocode data in Bing Maps. If you are geocoding a large amount of data at once then the Bing Spatial Data Services is what you will want to use. If you need to perform geocoding on demand (let the user enter the location and geocode it) then you will want to use the Bing Maps REST services.

With either service you can geocode addresses in Brazil. If the address information is not in English be sure to set the culture parameter accordingly. Note that only basic geocoding is supported for Brazil at this time.

Note that in order to use the Bing Spatial Data Services you need to request access to the service first.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Monday, October 1, 2012 1:26 PM
  •    Hi Richard, I'm using the Bing Spatial Data Services.  My program works fine for US addresses but doesn't return Lat/Lon info for Brazil.  So, no coordinates are returned for basic geocoding of Brazilian addresses?  I can hand key the input address on the Bing web page and get the location coordinates.   Why is that?

JMTrammell

Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:02 PM