An implicit connection from an external website (calling action method not work) RRS feed

• Question

• User907474502 posted

Hi,

I'm working on some store service based on dotpay payment gateway system. (but shouldn't matter on what). This is MVC5 project with code first entity. The problem is when I have sent form with data to payment gateway for processing the payment, then the gateway is doing two things: 1) The processing is done and user is redirecting to my site on pointed url. 2) Implicit connection, post data is sending from gateway to my server also on pointed url, and I can do some stuff with it. Of course, this is needed to finalize the transaction from my side (server).

How to setup things to make action method in controller working? The action method that is set to be  redirected url from payment system for implicit connection. I tried and checked everything I supposed to. The action method for just now should log in database message but it doesn't. The url is correct (I think), I checked similar thing in php code, apache server and it works. The implicit connection was taking place and I saw message logs in database. Maybe it's a matter of server settings or method attributes, I don't know, so please help.

I'm working in Visual Studio 2017 community, IIS Express and local database MSSQL. Problem occurs with debugging and without. I've put the screen with action method should be calling implicitly. In payment system settings, the url for this connection is: http://188.117.181.22:64168/trans/hidden/accept_test. The port is needed to redirect to my local host (this works in php) iis expres also works on that port.

Sincerely
    MARIAN WITKE
    Friday, February 8, 2019 9:29 AM

All replies

• User1120430333 posted

I'm working in Visual Studio 2017 community, IIS Express and local database MSSQL. Problem occurs with debugging and without. I've put the screen with action method should be calling implicitly. In payment system settings, the url for this connection is: http://188.117.181.22:64168/trans/hidden/accept_test. The port is needed to redirect to my local host (this works in php) iis expres also works on that port.

Why are you using IIS Express and not local IIS on your development machine, which is the real Web server on your machine like  Apache? How is the database setup? Are you using MS SQL Server Express Localdb that is not going to work when Web solution is hosted on local IIS?  You'll have to correct that.

You can develop and debug  your Web application through Visual Stuido using local IIS the real Web server and stop using IIS Express that is not a real Web server

http://codetunnel.com/how-to-debug-your-aspnet-projects-running-under-iis/

Friday, February 8, 2019 11:04 AM
  • User907474502 posted

I'm young asp.net developer so I think ISS Express should be fine for now. Please read all article again to understand what problem I want to solve. Maybe you are right to use Local ISS server. The problem is to calling action method from external server (maybe ip). Apache was just for test that same funcionality in php and it works. Implicit redirection was ok, but in my mvc5 project there is some problem I don't understand.  Yes I'm using MS SQL Server (local database). 

Friday, February 8, 2019 1:10 PM
  • User1120430333 posted

I'm young asp.net developer so I think ISS Express should be fine for now. Please read all article again to understand what problem I want to solve. Maybe you are right to use Local ISS server. The problem is to calling action method from external server (maybe ip). Apache was just for test that same funcionality in php and it works. Implicit redirection was ok, but in my mvc5 project there is some problem I don't understand.  Yes I'm using MS SQL Server (local database). 

I read it. Myself, I don't use IIS Express for Web development, since it's not a real Web server that can cause issues in development and testing a Web solution. I always take the Web project in Visual Stuido and make it use local IIS to circumvent any problems that may arise due to not using the real Web server.

Friday, February 8, 2019 5:45 PM
  • User907474502 posted

Ok, thanks for replied. I have to understand that calling that action method from external ip by given url pointed to the method should just work without any additional method attributes (C#) or server settings? I'm going to install local iss and try do test this.

Saturday, February 9, 2019 9:36 AM
  • User-474980206 posted

the only requirement is the external server can connect to your server. this means that must a lan connection between, and the ports must be open.

Saturday, February 9, 2019 7:56 PM
  • User907474502 posted

Thanks

Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:45 PM