ASP.NET 2.0 doesn't work with Nokia 9500 Browser RRS feed

• Question

• User557402362 posted
    Hi, i have transfered my application from ASP.NET 1.1 to 2.0. Worked fine with some little modification. But now i can't browse my sites on the Nokia 9500 Communicator any more, getting the following error: Server Error in '/' Application. Browsers elements 'Mozilla' and 'Nokia' matched at the same peer level in configuration - this is not allowed. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Browsers elements 'Mozilla' and 'Nokia' matched at the same peer level in configuration - this is not allowed. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [HttpException (0x80004005): Browsers elements 'Mozilla' and 'Nokia' matched at the same peer level in configuration - this is not allowed.] System.Web.Configuration.MultiplesTracker.Track(String userAgent, Int32 result, String browserId) +206 System.Web.Configuration.BrowserCapabilitiesFactory.DefaultProcess(NameValueCollection headers, HttpBrowserCapabilities browserCaps) +4391 System.Web.Configuration.BrowserCapabilitiesFactory.ConfigureBrowserCapabilities(NameValueCollection headers, HttpBrowserCapabilities browserCaps) +21 System.Web.Configuration.BrowserCapabilitiesFactoryBase.GetHttpBrowserCapabilities(HttpRequest request) +153 System.Web.Configuration.HttpCapabilitiesEvaluator.EvaluateFinal(HttpRequest request, Boolean onlyEvaluateUserAgent) +24 System.Web.Configuration.HttpCapabilitiesEvaluator.Evaluate(HttpRequest request) +149 System.Web.Configuration.HttpCapabilitiesBase.GetConfigCapabilities(String configKey, HttpRequest request) +116 System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Browser() +231 System.Web.UI.Page.SetIntrinsics(HttpContext context, Boolean allowAsync) +317 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +12 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +186 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.40607.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.40607.42 Can someone give me a hint what i could try or where i could search for a solution. many thanks Peter
    Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:40 AM

All replies

• User-1963835016 posted

I've already filed a bug report with Microsoft regarding this problem (which btw is not mobile forms specific; i've had this with an "ordinary" ASP.NET application). The browser detection code currently seems to have a problem when two possible matches (Mozilla and Nokia in this case) are found.

My workaround was to change the UserAgent string of my browser. Unfortunately this might turn out to be difficult with a Nokia 9500.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 3:22 PM