none
Non-Lync client and IM messages under "Conversation History" RRS feed

• Question

• Lync saves the IM conversations under "Conversation History" folder in Outlook. I would like to know if there is a way to use this feature for other IM Clients as well.

Is there a programmatic way to access and write data in to Conversation History?

Thanks!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:26 PM

Answers

• i think lync does this by direct mapi access, there is no special API to operate on COnversation history folder.
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:01 PM
  • conversation histgory is just a folder in Outlook, there is nothing special for it. You can use normal OOM code to create messages in that folder. Special API just for that folder would not make any sense
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:12 AM

All replies

• i think lync does this by direct mapi access, there is no special API to operate on COnversation history folder.
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:01 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Damian. I am sure someone would have tried to do this for non-Lync clients. Jabbber, for example or Skype. It would be useful to allow some mechanism to allow other IM clients to write in to "Conversation History"

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 4:33 AM
  • conversation histgory is just a folder in Outlook, there is nothing special for it. You can use normal OOM code to create messages in that folder. Special API just for that folder would not make any sense
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:12 AM