NO AUDIO. RRS feed

• Question

•  

This issue has already been addressed, and I have tried all the possible solutions everyone else has tried. So maybe mine is different?

I bought an Acer Aspire desktop comp about 2 months ago, it had Windows Vista installed on it already. The sound was really wierd with anything besides youtube and online media, I would put a cd in and you could hear the music but the vocals were all screwed up, very quiet.

My sisters boyfriend installed the driver and it was fixed. I unplugged the speaker cord from the front of the tower so I could move it to the back, and bang, I had absolutly no sound. I tried uninstalling the driver, installing it, going into device manager>Sound,video and game controllers>scan for hardware changes, screwing around with the Realtek HD audio manager, enabling the speakers and disabling the digital output, etc. My speakers are ON, full volume, but there is absolutly no sound. Im a bit noobish at computers, and this is driving me insane. I dont want to go out and buy anything because the audio was working FINE until i *oh no* unplugged the speakers, and I dont want to install Windows XP because that would require finding a copy and whatnot. There has to be an easy fix for this, it would be so much easier if I was talking with someone online and they could walk me step by step through this!!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 5:37 PM

Answers

• This forum isn't for audio support questions.  Try http://support.microsoft.com.  My usual suggestion is to fiddle with the driver, but seems you've already tried that.  Unplugging speakers generally shouldn't mess things up permanently.

Friday, November 2, 2007 3:34 PM