css Friendly vsi RRS feed

• Question

• User-517471864 posted

The first thing that the Walkthrough tells you to do is install the templates from the vsi file.  I can find not vsi file in any of the downloads.  Are there new instructions?  The walkthrough seems fairly dependent on these templates.  The Web folder of the files I could find to download don't seem to match what I see in the Walkthrough.  What am I missing?

pamela

Friday, August 22, 2008 9:30 PM

All replies

• User-114806852 posted

You have two choices available either installing the CSS Friendly Adapters source or the compiled .dll. Selecting both "Download Source" or "Download" under the Getting Started paragraph both will take you over to CodePlex.

When you get to CodePlex click the Releases Tab and select either the source zip file, unzip it and follow the instructions in the Readme file or download the CSSFriendly.dll and CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser file. If you opt for the second route just add a reference to the CSSFriendly.dll and add a App_Browsers folder to you project or website and place the CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser file in it.

Friday, August 22, 2008 10:36 PM
  • User2059914737 posted

Ok. So, there is no way to have a template ASP.NET CSS Friendly Web Site with either standard or precompiled editions of the CSS Adapters, in the 'new/web site dialog box?

Monday, September 8, 2008 6:02 AM
  • User-1385398420 posted

The CodePlex versions (the "precompiled" versions) do not include Visual Studio templates.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 3:46 PM
  • User27082864 posted

That's too bad, because when you download the source code archive and try to load the solution into VS2008 the conversion fails.

Monday, June 1, 2009 2:58 PM
  • User1942072353 posted

I'm using the vsi template too,

yuu can find it here:

http://bryongaskin.net/tools/downloads/ASPNETCssFriendlyAdapters_Beta2.vsi

Monday, October 19, 2009 7:18 PM