My ssis package scheduleing for every 20 sec but for every 20 sec job run the end time is differ even though there is no data new data from source tables. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have schedule the ssis job for every 20 sec /day. while running the job it is showing different times as end time even though there is no new   data in sql tables.

There is no network issues also. could you please suggest me the reason?

Thanks

AVS

• Moved by Teige Gao Wednesday, November 7, 2018 1:56 AM
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have schedule the ssis job for every 20 sec /day. while running the job it is showing different times as end time even though there is no new   data in sql tables.

There is no network issues also. could you please suggest me the reason?

Thanks

AVS

it show the last job completion time.does not bothe if datais there in the tables

Ramesh Babu Vavilla MCTS,MSBI

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 4:40 PM
  • Queries can have very different run times, even if they return no data.

--

btw, running an SSIS job every 20 seconds is a rather poor idea, better to start it up once, have it check, process, and then sleep for 20 seconds, or other approaches along those lines.  Maybe have it terminate and restart once an hour, for robustness.

Josh

• Edited by JRStern Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:06 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Ramesh Babu Vavilla Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:35 PM
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:05 PM
  • Hi avs sai, 

Agree with JRStern. 

If the package is deployed on SSIS Catalog, you can view the Execution Report and find out the time spent on each task. 

If our posts don't help you, please let we know. 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:47 AM