none
What version of browser control are the Office 2013 apps using? RRS feed

• Question

• In the early beta documentation it stated that the Apps for Office that an Internet
    Explorer 9.0 browser control was used to render the interface. Is this still the fact at RTM because it seems that on my Windows 8 machine the Apps for Office are using Internet Explorer 10. So will an App for Office use the installed Internet Explorer version?

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi, Jorisp

The Internet Explorer control depends on which version of Internet Explorer the user has installed on their machine. So you should test your apps with both. Also keep in mind that apps for Excel also work in the Excel Web App, which can be opened in other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox, so you should make sure your app works in those too.

Thanks for the question!

-Michael 

Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Jorisp,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'll consult your issue with my colleague. You'll be informed if there's any update.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, March 7, 2013 10:00 AM
  • Hi, Jorisp

The Internet Explorer control depends on which version of Internet Explorer the user has installed on their machine. So you should test your apps with both. Also keep in mind that apps for Excel also work in the Excel Web App, which can be opened in other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox, so you should make sure your app works in those too.

Thanks for the question!

-Michael 

Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:30 PM
  • How do you test mutiple browsers directly for your Office app in Visual Studio 2012? Is the only way actually publishing the Excel with the App to SharePoint Online?

Rgds,

Joris [http://jopx.blogspot.com]

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:09 AM