can't open project RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

when i tried to create a visual C#\Office\2007\Excel 2007 workbook project, there was an error saying that can not open the project and the workbook may be corrupted. what could be the problem? i'm getting started with VSTO, and have just installed VS2008 professional edition on my Win7 64bit.

thanks

Andrew
    BI, Data Mining, Analytical CRM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 4:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Calvin,

Thanks.

I noticed that Win7 was not among the supported operatiing systems. i uninstalled the vs2008 and installed vs2010 evaluation edition. now it works. i guess it should have something to do with win7's authority mechanism.

Hmm...there is no problem in my machine with either VS2008 or VS 2010 in Windows 7 to create VSTO document-level solution for Office 2007. You might need be more specific about the error message.

Good day,

Calvin Gao[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your post.

First, would you like to post the detailed error message, a screenshot of the error message also will be ok if it is unable to copy the content of the error message.

In addition, did you create a VSTO document-level project based on an existed workbook? If so, what the extension name for the document. Can you opent the workbook normally in Excel?

I look forward to hearing of you soon.

Calvin Gao[MSFT]
    Monday, November 21, 2011 8:37 AM
  • Hi Calvin,

Thanks.

I noticed that Win7 was not among the supported operatiing systems. i uninstalled the vs2008 and installed vs2010 evaluation edition. now it works. i guess it should have something to do with win7's authority mechanism.

Andrew
    Monday, November 21, 2011 1:22 PM
  • Hi Calvin,

Thanks.

Hmm...there is no problem in my machine with either VS2008 or VS 2010 in Windows 7 to create VSTO document-level solution for Office 2007. You might need be more specific about the error message.

Good day,

Calvin Gao[MSFT]
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:11 AM
  • hi Calvin,

is your win7 32bit or 64 bit?

thanks

Andrew
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 2:02 PM
  • Andrew:

64-bit Windows 7 and 32-bit Office