none
Microsoft Translator API Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm trying to use the Microsoft Translator API in my UWP project, and I did have it working at one point, but now when I open it up, I get the error:

The type or namespace name 'MicrosoftTranslatorSdk' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I believe I added all the necessary references, but maybe I'm missing something.  Can anyone tell me how I may be able to fix it?

Thursday, September 1, 2016 2:21 PM

Answers

• Hi HoloWorld,

Thank you for posting here.

If you want to access WIN32 API available in windows 10 application.  You should link your app with

Windowsapp.lib. Windowsapp.lib is an "umbrella" lib that provides the exports for the UWP APIs.  Linking to

Windowsapp.lib will add to your app dependencies on dlls that are present on all Windows 10 device

families.

For more information, please see the Win32 APIs in the UWP part of Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps.

Best Regards,

Hart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Hart Wang Thursday, September 8, 2016 1:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by DotNet WangModerator Wednesday, September 14, 2016 5:00 AM
    Friday, September 2, 2016 2:50 AM