Check-in Build Output (Binaries) to Source Control through check in build definition - TFS 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

At present am working on Check in build definition, where my change set will get check-in if my logical UTs run fine. 

Before running my logic UTs I am compiling my source code and run UTs against this.
    I want to check-in my binaries along with my changeset if  my logical UTs run fine. 

Can anyone help me in knowing how to do it?

Any help would be highly appreciated. 

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 6:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Abhilash Katkuri,

Thank you for posting here.

Does the "Check in build definition" you mentioned in your post means Gated check-in build definition or Continuous Integration build definition? I assume it means Gated check-in.

The Gated check-in build definition will build your solution before check in changeset and the output binaries are on the build server. There's not a simply to check-in the binaries. Maybe you could try to write a PowerShell Script by using the add command to add them to version control first and then check them in.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 6:29 AM