none
Real Time Senaneio RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

We are faceing a problem like this,

i am doing the Shopping cart,when end user select his goods and finally wants to make  payment then we are redirecting him to payment get way interface,here the user successfully makes payment and comming back to our web site here no problem.

problem will came to picture is once clinet make payment he will redirecting to our website,during this time for other reasons like network slow or power failure or user suddenly close the browser , at that time we cant handle these types of users,because the users are paid the amount,but not back to our website.

how can i Handle this issues, please help me as early as possible.

Thank you

Saturday, September 1, 2012 4:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Vempalli,

Let me retell this scenario, if I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know:

1. The user prepare to pay an order;

2. Your site redirect the user to a payment site;

3. The user finished paying this order;

4. The payment site is try to go back to your site;

5. At this time, your server is down by some accident; 

At this step, your server didn't get the response from the payment site since the communication is broken. But the user indeed finished payment.

When your server is back, the user will be notified that the order need to be paid.

Is above scenario right?

If so, I think you need to consulting with the payment site about failed orders. You can make a protocol with payment site: The payment site need to notify you in another way that an order is finished but without your confirmation. Here, I mean, at the 5th step, if your server is not down, your server need to send a confirmation to the payment site, when the payment site didn't get response during a specific period, it should notify you in another way about this issued deal.

If the payment site doesn't accept this protocol, as I said above, you can set the order status to paying after the user begin to pay it. And then, query the paying order status during every specific period in the payment site. If the payment site is not query-able, I think you need to handle such case manually, for example, call the payment site, email it or something else that out of system, even face to face communication.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 3:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Vempalli,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

What affect do these accidents makes? 

What is the next operation after "back to our website"?

I assume you will update the order's status as "paid" for both buyers and sellers.

For buyers, you can query the "paying" orders with order No. in your payment database, and update the order status with the corresponding result before they are shown to users.

For sellers, you can send another message to the sellers when the order is paid in another channel/way, not in this response page. 

Here, I don't know how you design your database. If the payment site is a third party site, it is out of your control, I think you can query the trade status according to the trade No.

In addition, and this is an important one: when users begin to pay their orders, you need to submit this request at server side, and push the result to the client, and for security, this operation should not be finished at client side, too. I mean, when the client side send a request to pay orders, the server side will make a background thread or something similar to connect to the payment site server, and then update the client side with the result, when client side page is closed, you don't need to update it.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, September 3, 2012 7:53 AM
  • Hi Mike ,

I totally Agree with you,my question is when users are redirecting to payment get way ,they are paid the sufficient amount,at that time my internet connection is disconnected ,so these users are paid the amount and and not redirecting to our website because while payment is done at that time only my net connection is disconnected.

then how can i handle these type of users,they are paid but not redirecting to our site....?

Monday, September 3, 2012 9:10 AM
  • Hi Vempalli,

Let me retell this scenario, if I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know:

1. The user prepare to pay an order;

2. Your site redirect the user to a payment site;

3. The user finished paying this order;

4. The payment site is try to go back to your site;

5. At this time, your server is down by some accident; 

At this step, your server didn't get the response from the payment site since the communication is broken. But the user indeed finished payment.

When your server is back, the user will be notified that the order need to be paid.

Is above scenario right?

If so, I think you need to consulting with the payment site about failed orders. You can make a protocol with payment site: The payment site need to notify you in another way that an order is finished but without your confirmation. Here, I mean, at the 5th step, if your server is not down, your server need to send a confirmation to the payment site, when the payment site didn't get response during a specific period, it should notify you in another way about this issued deal.

If the payment site doesn't accept this protocol, as I said above, you can set the order status to paying after the user begin to pay it. And then, query the paying order status during every specific period in the payment site. If the payment site is not query-able, I think you need to handle such case manually, for example, call the payment site, email it or something else that out of system, even face to face communication.

Best regards,

Mike Feng

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 3:54 AM
  • Hi Mike ,

Great Explanation,Thanks a lot, this explanation solved my issue, for a long time i am worried about this situation,now i can handle this situation Successfully.................

Saturday, September 15, 2012 5:26 AM
  • Hi Mike ,

Great Explanation,Thanks a lot, this explanation solved my issue, for a long time i am worried about this situation,now i can handle this situation Successfully.................

Saturday, September 15, 2012 5:26 AM