Re-register Azure Subscription for Azure Stack RRS feed

• Question

• I've registered my Azure Subscription and marketplace syndication was working fine(downloaded certain items from Azure Marketplace to Azure Stack.

Since this subscription got expired, I wanted to register Azure Stack with another active Azure subscription. Followed the exact same procedure and all results are showing success messages from PowerShell console. 

C:\temp\RegisterWithAzure.ps1 -azureSubscriptionId "xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx" -azureDirectoryTenantName "abcxyzoutlook.onmicrosoft.com" -azureAccountId abc.xyz@outlook.com

However "Add From Azure" operation does not bring up Azure Marketplace items. it shows "You need to register and activate before you can start syndicating Azure marketplace content" message instead. Could anyone help with diagnosing what could be the issue?

1. ADFS option was used while deploying Azure Stack and I'm executing the PowerShell in elevated mode. Registered AzureStack resource provider in Azure Subscription as instructed, then executed the RegisterWithAzure script.

2. I'm signing into AzureStack admin portal using azurestack.local\azurestackadmin account.

Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:13 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You’ll need to unregister before you can reregister Marketplace Syndication.

The unregister process is the same register except there are 4 additional parameters to set.

RegisterWithAzure.ps1-azureSubscriptionId $SubID -azureDirectoryTenantName `

$AADTenantID-azureAccountId $AADUserName  -azureCredential (Get-Credential) `

-ReportUsage$false  -EnableSyndication  $false -azureEnvironment "AzureCloud"

The additional parameters to set are:

-ReportUsage$false

-EnableSyndication  $false 

-azureEnvironment"AzureCloud"

-azureCredential(Get-Credential)

To unregister Marketplace Syndication

1) Run the following PowerShell: 

2) Log in to Azure and remove the registration resource from the associated Azure account.

To register Marketplace Syndication

1. Run RegisterWithAzure.ps1 passing in the new values for tenant ID and subscription ID as well as setting the EnableUsageReporting and EnableMarketplaceSyndication to $true

Let us know how it goes,

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You’ll need to unregister before you can reregister Marketplace Syndication.

The unregister process is the same register except there are 4 additional parameters to set.

The additional parameters to set are:

-ReportUsage$false

-EnableSyndication  $false 

-azureEnvironment"AzureCloud"

-azureCredential(Get-Credential)

To unregister Marketplace Syndication

1) Run the following PowerShell: 

2) Log in to Azure and remove the registration resource from the associated Azure account.

To register Marketplace Syndication

1. Run RegisterWithAzure.ps1 passing in the new values for tenant ID and subscription ID as well as setting the EnableUsageReporting and EnableMarketplaceSyndication to $true

Let us know how it goes,

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:44 PM
  • Hi Gary,

Thanks for providing details on unregister procedure. I tried executing the script, supplied additional parameters. However, it seems there is a issue with getting AAD token for given credentials.

VERBOSE: Using provided Azure Credentials to get refresh token
    Get-AADToken : Exception calling "AcquireToken" with "3" argument(s): "Sequence contains no elements"
    At C:\CloudDeployment\Setup\Common\AzureADConfiguration.psm1:133 char:14
    + ...    $token = Get-AADToken -ResourceUri $AzureURIs.ManagementServiceUri ...
    +                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-AADToken], MethodInvocationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperationException,Get-AADToken

Thanks,

Aneesh

Friday, September 15, 2017 5:16 AM
  • Hi Gary,

Since this issue was persisting I was not able to do marketplace syndication. I finally went for a re-installation of ASDK. Would you(or respective team) please update the documentation as to include unregister process so that developers can change the Azure subscription without hassles?

Thanks,

Aneesh

Saturday, September 16, 2017 9:14 AM