none
how to create the binding depeding upon the rows in excel in aaps for office.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an requirement that when user opens an excel with taskpane application and enters some 10 rows of data and without saving it to database he will close the sheet and the entered rows will be saved in sheet.Next time whne he opens the sheet and clicks on save button the data should be saved to database.Withot creating the binding in office.initialize method when user clicks on save button depenindg upon the number of records I want to create the binding and send those records for saving.Is it possible to get the number of rows in excel using apps for offfice?

Thanks,

Meenakshi Nagpal

N.Meenakshi

Friday, December 21, 2012 4:44 AM

All replies

• Hi, Meenakshi

Could you please explain what the app is doing from an end-user perspective? Then I can give you advice on how to best implement that scenario using the APIs available for Office 2013.

If the app's purpose is to save data from a spreadsheet to a database, then you'll want the user to indicate what data should be uploaded, correct? At that point, you can bind to the data.

Thanks for the question! I look forward to hearing more details so I can continue to help.

-Michael

Saturday, December 22, 2012 12:01 AM
  • Hi Meenakshi,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN forum.

Would you please answer Michael/s question for further research?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 24, 2012 6:13 AM
  • you can navigate to this link for data binding API. hope it helps.

http: //msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/fp142282.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Flora Li Wednesday, February 19, 2014 6:31 AM
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 6:31 AM