Sound volume becomes very low when application runs in the background

Question

• Hi,

I have an application in the Windows 8 Store called "Clouder!" (free):

http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/fr-FR/app/clouder/0d0b25d2-3d45-4715-99c5-b1ce2f817d2f

This application works well and it streams audio via an html5 audio tag. Everything is also set up to use background audio. I use it with no problem (actually, listening right now while typing in my browser) but some users experienced issues with background audio. At first I thought it would be an issue of another Windows 8 Store app running that would grab the single audio channel and cut my application's sound but instead, the sound volume becomes very low when running it in the background.

Here is their bug report:

Hi, I use windows 8.1 tottaly updated and I've found that sometimes, there's a bug that when you put clouder at background (alt + tab) the music's volume gets to half of it at least, and even if you turn it up to 100% it's still sounds at 50%, it only goes to 100% when you open the window of soundcloud back again.

I can't reproduce the issue on my machine, sorry.

Do anyone have the same kind of issue?

Thanks,

Fabien

Monday, June 23, 2014 8:41 AM

All replies

• Is this an isolated incident or do you have multiple reports of the problem? Can you get the type of hard the problem is occurring on?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, June 23, 2014 7:43 PM
  • Thanks for your answer. So far I have at least 3 people with the same issue (2 contacted me recently but i remember i had the same request before).

What kind of hardware should I ask them about? Like tablet/laptop or like audio drivers or something?

Fabien

Monday, June 23, 2014 10:47 PM
  • Pleasea ask them the tablet/laptop hardware type, and any hardware drivers as well.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, July 3, 2014 6:28 PM