none
WEC 7 - Adding component via Sysgen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We are using WEC 7 and I need to include firewall functionality in my OS. I did this by setting the sysgen variable SYSGEN_FIREWALL on command line and then running blddemo.

However, my understanding is that it only included it in this build. If I want it to be always included in the OS build (and hence keep it in version controlled sources of my OS files), it needs to be in some other batch file.

Could anybody please give pointers to where I should do it?

Thanks,

Samie

PS Some articles suggested setting it up in my project "cebasecesysgen.bat" but then this is not always called in the build (e.g. when building the kernel separately)?

Monday, June 15, 2015 5:32 PM

All replies

• The easiest way would be to use the Catalog and add it there.   This will put it in your OSDesign and will be available from Visual Studio/Platform Builder as well as the command line (depending on how you set up your command line environment).

Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com

• Proposed as answer by Erwin Zwart Tuesday, June 16, 2015 8:51 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2015 6:03 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

For SYSGEN_FIREWALL there doesn't exist a catalog entry, so I suppose I should create a new catalog component for it?

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 11:05 AM
  • Ah, well that is different from your more general case original question.

1. You could create a catalog entry and add it.
    2. You can also use the VS menu: Project-> <Your Project> Properties -> Configuration Properties\Environment and add the SYSGEN environment variable there.
    3. You can add it to %_OSDESIGNROOT%\%_TGTPROJ%.bat

My preference would be either #1 or #2, with #2 being easiest to implement.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:11 PM
  • Thanks.
    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 4:25 PM