none
Loading and Testing Cloned ASP Application in Visual Studio

Question

• Hello!

After working in the database world for some years now, I'm starting to move into .ASP based development.

Very cool, and I'm excited about the New World to explore.

We have developers on staff, and they're giving me access to pull down clones of some working projects.

What I would like to do is to pull this stuff into Visual Studio and run them.

I'm probably missing something simple, but I can't seem to pull it off.

I've tried loading the files into a New .ASP Website in Visual Studio, I've tried loading in the files as an existing website, and I've tried bringing in the files as an Existing Project...

SO, kind of funny to be asking a question that's really below the level of Kindergarten Math, but here we are...

What do you think?

Thanks!

Monday, March 20, 2017 6:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Christopher,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>>I'm probably missing something simple, but I can't seem to pull it off.

How did you try to pull it off? There have many version control tools in VS like TFS, VSTS, GitHub...

Since your colleagues gave you the access to pull down the projects, they send you a link or something to download the projects?

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 6:16 AM