Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 for 32 bit MS Office under 64 bit OS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem when using "Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010" to get data from Excel file. It always gave me an error "'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provide is not registered on the local machine". My machine is 64 bit Windows 7, and using 32 bit MS office.Could anyone give me suggestion how to fix this issue?

Thank you very much.

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:03 AM better forum
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:32 PM

Answers

• Is your application 32 or 64-bit? If you are trying to compile/run as 64-bit or AnyCPU, try changing it to 32-bit (x86). Since you have 32-bit MS Office installed the ACE driver will most likely be the 32-bit version. We had a similar issue and upon doing a little research it appeared that Microsoft doesn't support installing both the 32 and 64-bit ACE driver at the same time, so we have done something to first try to use the ACE driver and if that fails, fall back to the JET driver.

- Brady My posts are kept as simple as possible for easier understanding. In many cases you can probably optimize or spruce up what I present. Have fun coding!

• Proposed as answer by Paul P Clement IV Wednesday, January 8, 2014 1:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by Fred Bao Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:35 AM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:51 PM

All replies

• Is your application 32 or 64-bit? If you are trying to compile/run as 64-bit or AnyCPU, try changing it to 32-bit (x86). Since you have 32-bit MS Office installed the ACE driver will most likely be the 32-bit version. We had a similar issue and upon doing a little research it appeared that Microsoft doesn't support installing both the 32 and 64-bit ACE driver at the same time, so we have done something to first try to use the ACE driver and if that fails, fall back to the JET driver.

- Brady My posts are kept as simple as possible for easier understanding. In many cases you can probably optimize or spruce up what I present. Have fun coding!

• Proposed as answer by Paul P Clement IV Wednesday, January 8, 2014 1:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by Fred Bao Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:35 AM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:51 PM
  • Hi,

I am moving this thread to ADO.NET Managed Providers forum for better response.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:04 AM