none
Forwarding an event from Exchange 2007 not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Even i'm facing the problem on Exchange 2007 mobile client(iOS) and below is my event forwarding request using sendMail command, but the problem is forwarded attendee will have accept/decline/tentative option, but if he respond to that event it will notify to the one who's is forwarding than original attendee rather than original organizer. Here is my request format. Please let me know if i'm missing something

• Edited by Pavan-iOS Sunday, December 28, 2014 2:12 PM
    Thursday, December 25, 2014 4:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Pavan,
    Thank you for your inquiry about MS Office protocols. One of the Open specifications team member will contact you shortly.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications

Thursday, December 25, 2014 4:07 PM
  • Hello Pavan,

I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. While I'm researching this, can you please provide some additional context about the environment in which you are seeing this behavior?

Are you using your own ActiveSync client implementation, or one provided by Microsoft or Apple?

What versions of iOS are you testing on? What device models?

What version of Exchange 2007 are you testing against?

Best regards,
    Matt Weber | Microsoft Open Specifications Team

Friday, December 26, 2014 4:54 PM
  • We took the case offline, here are the findings using Exchange 2007 AS. The scenario:

1) Alice creates a meeting and invites Bob.
    2) Bob syncs the invite, but does not accept or decline it.
    3) Bob forwards the invite to Carol using SendMail.
    4) Bob syncs his sent items, and observes that he is now shown as the organizer of the meeting and not Alice as expected.
    5) When Carol receives the invite, she also observes that Bob is the organizer and not Alice.

This behavior will be documented, it is not known, yet, whether this behavior will be changed or not.

Best regards,
    Vilmos Foltenyi - MSFT

Saturday, January 24, 2015 1:31 AM
  • Hi Vilmos,

You are pointing SendMail, but i'm facing the issue in the following scenario:

1) Alice creates a meeting and invites Bob.
    2) Bob syncs the invite, accept it.
    3) Bob forwards the Exception/Full Event from the Calendar to Carol using SendMail with ICS.
    4) Bob syncs his sent items, and observes that he is now shown as the organizer of the meeting and not Alice as expected.
    5) When Carol receives the invite, she also observes that Bob is the organizer and not Alice.

pavan

Saturday, January 24, 2015 8:49 AM
  • Hi Pavan,

Thank you for your correction, I added it to my report.

Vilmos

Monday, January 26, 2015 5:31 PM