none
How to update a video caption file(vtt file) into a media service asset by using .net SDK RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hi Hamendra,

Have a look at the https://github.com/Azure-Samples/media-services-v3-dotnet-tutorials/tree/master/AMSV3Tutorials/UploadEncodeAndStreamFiles sample project. Specifically, in Program.cs you see a static method CreateInputAssetAsync that will create and upload the mp4 file an asset.

Hope this helps, if not, please let us know.

Thanks in advance, Ryan

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:37 PM
  • Dear Ryan - As i understand CreateInputAssetAsync method is for uploading the MP4 file. Where as I am looking how to implement Captioning and update a video caption file(vtt file) into a media service asset by using .net SDK. Regards
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:33 AM
  • My apologies for misunderstanding your question. I do see though that one of our engineers was able to answer question over on stackoverflow (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57986861/how-to-implement-captioning-in-azure-media-services-v3).

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks in advance, Ryan

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:40 PM
  • Dear Ryan - I tried same and uploaded VTT file in output asset after video encode. I have and added below code as well to get the manifest URL to run in Azure Media Player. But did not see captions. Am I missing something ?

private static async Task RunAsync(ConfigWrapper config)
            {
                IAzureMediaServicesClient client = await CreateMediaServicesClientAsync(config);

// Set the polling interval for long running operations to 2 seconds.
                // The default value is 30 seconds for the .NET client SDK
                client.LongRunningOperationRetryTimeout = 2;

// Creating a unique suffix so that we don't have name collisions if you run the sample
                // multiple times without cleaning up.
                string uniqueness = Guid.NewGuid().ToString("N");
                string jobName = $"job-{uniqueness}";
                string locatorName = $"locator-{uniqueness}";
                string outputAssetName = $"output-{uniqueness}";
                string inputAssetName = $"input-{uniqueness}";

// Ensure that you have the desired encoding Transform. This is really a one time setup operation.
                Transform transform = await GetOrCreateTransformAsync(client, config.ResourceGroup, config.AccountName, AdaptiveStreamingTransformName);

// Create a new input Asset and upload the specified local video file into it.
                await CreateInputAssetAsync(client, config.ResourceGroup, config.AccountName, inputAssetName, InputMP4FileName);

// Use the name of the created input asset to create the job input.
                JobInput jobInput = new JobInputAsset(assetName: inputAssetName);

// Output from the encoding Job must be written to an Asset, so let's create one
                Asset outputAsset = await CreateOutputAssetAsync(client, config.ResourceGroup, config.AccountName, outputAssetName);

Job job = await SubmitJobAsync(client, config.ResourceGroup, config.AccountName, AdaptiveStreamingTransformName, jobName, inputAssetName, outputAsset.Name);
                // In this demo code, we will poll for Job status
                // Polling is not a recommended best practice for production applications because of the latency it introduces.
                // Overuse of this API may trigger throttling. Developers should instead use Event Grid.
                job = await WaitForJobToFinishAsync(client, config.ResourceGroup, config.AccountName, AdaptiveStreamingTransformName, jobName);

if (job.State == JobState.Finished)
                {
                    Console.WriteLine("Job finished.");
                    //if (!Directory.Exists(OutputFolderName))
                    //    Directory.CreateDirectory(OutputFolderName);

//await DownloadOutputAssetAsync(client, config.ResourceGroup, config.AccountName, outputAsset.Name, OutputFolderName);

var response = await client.Assets.ListContainerSasAsync(
                    config.ResourceGroup,
                    config.AccountName,
                    outputAssetName,
                    permissions: AssetContainerPermission.ReadWrite,
                    expiryTime: DateTime.UtcNow.AddHours(4).ToUniversalTime());

var sasUri = new Uri(response.AssetContainerSasUrls.First());

// Use Storage API to get a reference to the Asset container
                    // that was created by calling Asset's CreateOrUpdate method. 

CloudBlobContainer container = new CloudBlobContainer(sasUri);
                    var blob = container.GetBlockBlobReference(Path.GetFileName(InputMP4FileName1));

// Use Strorage API to upload the file into the container in storage.
                    await blob.UploadFromFileAsync(InputMP4FileName1);

StreamingLocator locator = await CreateStreamingLocatorAsync(client, config.ResourceGroup, config.AccountName, outputAsset.Name, locatorName);

IList<string> urls = await GetStreamingUrlsAsync(client, config.ResourceGroup, config.AccountName, locator.Name);
                    foreach (var url in urls)
                    {
                        Console.WriteLine(url);
                    }
                }

Console.WriteLine("Done. Copy and paste the Streaming URL into the Azure Media Player at 'http://aka.ms/azuremediaplayer'.");
            }                        

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:49 PM
  • Thursday, September 19, 2019 5:52 PM
  • Thanks Ryan. It works for me. Regards
    Friday, October 18, 2019 5:01 AM