none
Multi-Vendor Program Collaboration RRS feed

• Question

• We currently use Project Online Professional to manage a portfolio of projects, this seems to be an ideal solution when keeping everything in-house. The complication arises when trying to share schedules with customers or co-vendors.

One particular scenario involves us working as one of 5 vendors under a key contractor who has overall program responsibility. The key contractor likes our setup and is looking for a way to tie together 5 separate schedules and host online. My initial idea was that they could get a P3 licence and provide each vendor with guest access to their PWA site. A master (key contractor) and sub (vendor) projects would be hosted here. However, some of the concerns raised so far are;

A) Is it possible for the key contractor to restrict access so the vendors would only be able to see their own project schedules?

B) If vendor schedules contain sensitive information (e.g. resource rates, actual hours worked), is it possible to hide this from other vendors or even the key contractor?

C) Am I missing a more simple approach?

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:49 AM

All replies

• Pete_Mc --

Good questions, my friend.  To answer them:

A.  Your application administrator can create a custom Group and Category for each of your vendors so that they can only see their own project schedules.

B.  If you restrict your vendors to using only Project Web App to view the project schedules, then your application administrators can create custom views that display ONLY what you want the vendor to see, and nothing more.  If you allow the vendor to open the project in Microsoft Project, on the other hand, there is no way to hide any of the sensitive information.

C.  I am not aware of a simpler approach.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 2:29 PM