none
Flag custom field to check date custom field RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there!

I need to create a flag custom field to check if the date in a date custom field is before or after today. I check it all right if the date field has a value. But how can I check if I don't select a date and the value has 'NOD'? I can't find the way... :(

Regards.

LyE

Friday, July 27, 2012 11:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I assume you NOD is the same as NA in English or NV in German - so no value. Compare with 4294967295, this is the value for not defined. Compare with baseline for example, [Baseline Start]=4294967295

If you only need to use your field in your language, someting like [Baseline Start]=ProjDateValue("NA") - or [Baseline Start]=ProjDateValue("NOD") in your case  - should be sufficient - but will cause an error in other languages.

Regards
    Barbara

Friday, July 27, 2012 11:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I assume you NOD is the same as NA in English or NV in German - so no value. Compare with 4294967295, this is the value for not defined. Compare with baseline for example, [Baseline Start]=4294967295

If you only need to use your field in your language, someting like [Baseline Start]=ProjDateValue("NA") - or [Baseline Start]=ProjDateValue("NOD") in your case  - should be sufficient - but will cause an error in other languages.

Regards
    Barbara

Friday, July 27, 2012 11:54 AM
  • Thanks Barbara!

You assume fine... :) Now I compare with the 4294967295 and works fine!

Regards.

LyE

Friday, July 27, 2012 12:02 PM
  • Hello there, 

im switching from spanish to english version.. not only my case but for some here at the office. Everything is switched fine like [date1] switches automatically to [fecha1] but not the "NA" to "NOD".

What do you recommend?

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 6:23 PM
  • Hello there, 

im switching from spanish to english version.. not only my case but for some here at the office. Everything is switched fine like [date1] switches automatically to [fecha1] but not the "NA" to "NOD".

What do you recommend?

MS Project does not convert the information enclosed within double quotation marks; that is, strings. So you need to change them all to "NOD" manually. 

Ismet Kocaman | Learn Formulas | Articles | Connect

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 6:39 PM