ObjectDataSource (Business Layer & Data Layer) RRS feed

• Question

• User-364111071 posted

Hi,

I am trying to create a new web application VS2008 and apply OOP concepts in all my development. Not sure about the approach ,but I know a III tier web app is the answer. I am not sure which approach to take. I thought about those two approaches:

a. Build a DAL and have a single class called myDataLayer.cs... this class has all CRUD methods that query the DB
    b. For each table in my Database, I create a Business class in Business layer that calls myDataLayer.cs inside DAL

VS

a. For each table in my Database, I create a Business class in Business layer that has its own CRUD methods that query the DB

I am not sure which approach is better. I appreciate telling me the advantages / disadvantages for each approach. also, is there another approach than what I have explained.... The objective is to produce a solid, a stable, high performance site that is easy to upgrade.

I will end up creating diffeent modules into the web applications in different phases. In other words, I will create a couple of basic pagse that enable user to add/edit/delete customers along with their orders. Then every 2months, I want to add a new functionality that is not dependable on previous development. So I am want to have a de-coupled pages that I eventualy end up  having a site that has 5 modules, that will be easy to enable each module by itself and not affect other modules.

So, having a good design of such application is crutial  to avoid any obsticals in future development.

I appreciate your input.

Bob

Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:19 PM

Answers